Taloudellisen arvioinnin kurssi
Introduction to the theory and practice of economic evaluation in health care
Finnish Society of Health Economics will organize a course “Introduction to the theory and practice of economic evaluation in health care”. The course will be organized in two parts.
The first part of the course concentrated on theory and principles of cost-effectiveness analysis, measurement of health gains and willing to pay for health gains. The second part will focus on study designs and empirical methodologies applied in health economic evaluation research. The course is offered to PhD/Master students in health economics but practitioners (decision-makers, doctors etc.) from health care can also participate.
First part: Theory and principals
5.-6.2.2020 National Institute for Health and Welfare (THL)
Professors Karl Claxton, Pekka Rissanen and Dorte Gyrd-Hansen taught the first part of the course.
- Theory and principles of cost-effectiveness analysis, Prof. Karl Claxton
- Measurement of health gains and Quality-adjusted Life Years (QALYs), Prof. Pekka Rissanen
- Willingness to pay for health gains and QALYs, Prof. Dorte Gyrd-Hansen
Due to the COVID-19 pandemia, second part of the course was held on September 2022.
Second part: Empirical methods
15.-16.9.2022 National Institute for Health and Welfare (THL)
- Session 1: Introduction to policy evaluation
- Session 2: An introduction to econometrics for public health
- Session 3: Propensity Score Matching
- Session 4: Regression Discontinuity (RD) Approach
- Session 5: Interrupted Time Series
- Session 6: Difference-in-Difference Approach
- Session 7: Conclusion: Bringing it all together
https://www.ttts.fi/ajankohtaista/introduction-to-the-theory-and-prac/ for details.
Course materials, First part 2020
Course materials, Second part 2022
- 3_PSM_2020.pdf 1 MB